I am in my 38th week of pregnancy now and while I’ve generally been feeling pretty good, I have had a sinus headache for the last 24 hours that’s really getting to me. I wasn’t in the mood for much food today, but I knew I needed some good nutrients. My husband got me a Ninja blender that comes with the two cups that make it SUPER easy to make drinks and shakes and so I decided to try and make a green juice with some spinach, kale, and fruit! For the first time ever, it came out GREAT and I swear you canNOT taste the greens at all! I drank it all up right away. Delish! Try it out!
- 1/4 cup packed spinach leaves (I just ripped the stems off and broke into smaller pieces before blending)
- 1/4 cup packed kale leaves (same as spinach, take off stems, rip up)
- 4-5 frozen strawberries
- 4-5 frozen pineapple chunks
- 4-5 frozen mango pieces
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- * 4 drops liquid stevia (optional)
- Put all ingredients into blender.
Note 1: If you use fresh fruit, just add some ice to make it cold.
Note 2: Trader Joe’s sells bags of frozen strawberries, pineapple, and mango making this super easy and less expensive than purchasing ripe fruit for these juices!