Here is a paleo-friendly, gluten-free twist on chocolate chip cookies! This recipe makes about 18 rounded cookies- perfect amount for a weeknight dessert for a few days. I like these cookies because I find they somehow come out both crunchy & a bit fluffy… and they are super easy to make! Also, the lack of flour/wheat and refined sugar will prevent you from suffering from blood sugar roller coaster rides and the well-known typical “dessert remorse.” Test them out and see what you think – and remember, just because they are better for you, does not necessarily mean they are GOOD for you. In other words, try not to eat ALL of the cookies. 🙂
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 c pure maple syrup
- 1/4 c softened (not melted) grass fed butter (or ghee)
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips (or better yet, cut up dark chocolate bars)
- Preheat oven to 350. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Add egg, syrup, butter, chocolate chips. Mix well.
- Scoop and bake for about 10 minutes.
- EAT & ENJOY