This easy dinner was a huge success! We love chicken cutlets, but I wanted to twist it up a bit and try to leave out the breadcrumbs. I used the Ninja to quickly ground up some almonds and pecans & it worked great. You could also use almond meal (almonds already ground up) if you want to skip this step. I liked blending it myself because I left some pieces bigger than others for that extra crunch.
- coconut oil for the pan
- 1.5 lbs chicken breast cut into tenders (holds juiciness better than buying tenders, but you can buy them already cut up as well – your choice)
- 1 cup almond slivers (easier to ground than whole almonds, but either works)
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 whisked egg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp chili powder (optional for spice)
- 1/4 tsp paprika (optional)
- Place almonds and pecans in blender and blend until it looks like breadcrumbs!
- Mix spices and seasonings with the pecan and almond meal in a bowl
- Put two large tbs of coconut oil in a large frying pan to heat
- Dip tenders first in whisked egg, then in nut & spice mixture
- Place tenders in frying pan (I did two batches)
- Cook on one side 3-4 minutes, flip over and do the same on the other
- Remove from pan and EAT!