These are super simple to make and last a week when refrigerated, making them a great snack for on-the-go during your busy work week. Take out 5 minutes of your Sunday to make them and then enjoy all week!
- 1 cup whole grain rolled oats
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 cup dried apricots
- 1 cup dried prunes
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup heated (just for 30 seconds) honey OR pure maple syrup (doesn’t need to be heated)
- optional: chia seeds, flax seeds, hemp seeds, dried coconut flakes, cranberries… really, any dried fruit, nut, or seed you like!
- Place all ingredients into a high powered blender or food processor.
- PULSE until combined. *You want everything to be combined and starting to clump together, but avoid over blending- we don’t want fruity almond butter!
- Spoon out mixture into a baking sheet or dish lined with parchment paper or clear wrap.
- Put in fridge for an hour or 2 or the freezer for about 30 minutes.
- Remove from fridge/freezer and use a scissor to cut into smaller rectangular pieces.
- Layer (to prevent bars from sticking together) and keep in an air-tight container in the fridge.